Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Why everyone should wear shirts (always)

Last night, imagine my consternation upon walking out of my bedroom and into the living room to see my roommate's boyfriend sitting on the couch, shirtless.

Now, my roommate's boyfriend is not awful looking. Nor is he incredibly handsome or chiseled. But those things, in my mind, don't really matter when it comes to shirtlessness.

Granted, it was getting pretty warm. But, you certainly did not see me or any of my roommates taking our shirts off and walking around in our bras.

Does this come down to a modesty issue? ... Sort of.

You will say that men are much more visually geared, so a woman walking around without a shirt would be a bigger distraction.

While that may be the case, I still think men should wear their shirts as women do.

Here's my reasoning:

An incredibly chiseled and buff man without a shirt on is indeed a distraction for women. Believe me.

Any other man is simply kind of gross without a shirt on.

So, men, unless I have fallen madly in love with you, please keep your shirts on in my presence. Just as a favor to me.

You don't see me walking around in my bra when I get hot.

(Note: There is an exception with swimming. This I can understand. A lot of extra fabric can be really annoying in this case)

Why are all of my posts about men?

No comments: