Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ubiquity

It is almost Thanksgiving. I am so blessed to be able to spend a few days of this time with my family. I'm doubly blessed to be able to spend two days more than usual at home.

Here are some more things that I am thankful for:

  • Skype, in order to see my lovely nephews who are growing way too fast
  • Blankets aplenty (it is cold in my house)
  • A break from homework - I've always determined to not do homework during breaks, even when I should. I therefore take no homework with me. This is really good for my sanity.
  • Extended family that is not technically related to me
  • People at work who are always positive despite some of the shit that happens
  • Graduation in 178 days
  • The 178 days until graduation
  • The artistic skills of those around me
  • Having enough money to even consider going to Israel (despite my worry about not having enough)
  • The chance to go to my home church on Saturday
  • Advil (Seriously, I sometimes wonder what I would do if things like this hadn't been invented)
  • My own computer, which is mad sexy
  • Christmas break in three weeks
  • Israel in six weeks
Wow, there are so many more. I learned that there are actual health and psychological benefits to expressing thankfulness. I think we should all take some time to think about what we're thankful for, instead of complaining about every little thing. It's pretty great.

No comments: