Monday, October 4, 2010

Why I love being childish and others don't

I was reading the blog of an old friend wherein she described the joys of bendy straws. I realized, to my delight, that this was something we shared in common. The extreme pleasure found in using a bendy straw rather than a boring old non-bendy straw.

Other childish things I enjoy are:

-Laughing when I'm not supposed to (such as in church or a meeting)
-Hula hoops
-Dressing up in crazy outfits and trying to make people laugh
-Going into stores where I cannot possibly afford anything that is being sold
-Staring at the sky
-Playing with bubbles
-Standing on furniture

... There are so many more. This is really just a few.

Unfortunately, not everyone shares my joy in doing childlike things. In fact, I have been called immature on more than one occasion of late.

Why do you suppose that is?

I kind of think that some people are jealous. I am able to take delight in some of the smallest wonders. You should try it sometime. I'm probably having more fun than you are.

Dignity is an absurd notion.

No comments: