Sunday, October 17, 2010

Now.

I am an incredibly impatient person.

I want a lot of things, and I want them right now.

I want to be financially solvent. I want a boyfriend (I hate this about me). I want a 24oz bottle of Diet Coke or a can of DrPepper (make that two cans). I want a motorcycle. I want a friend who relies on me as much as I rely on them. I want three or four cds and a few books. I want to see my nephews. I want to go to The Melting Pot. I want to never have to stand in line again.

Unfortunately, some of those things I may never get. I will have to wait for all of them for between three months and five years (or more ... with the possible exception of the pop).

Learning to wait well is difficult.

When I wait, I'm usually waiting kicking and screaming and whining. At least internally. Why am I so impatient?

I'm not sure. I've been learning about patience. I have started to slow down and take a deep breath every time I start to get upset with someone driving slowly in front of me. I sometimes chuckle, thinking, hey, maybe God is trying to teach me patience.

What about the things I really need? What about the things I long for most? Why can't I have them?

I don't know.

I'm trying to learn to rely on God. I'm trying to let go of misplaced priorities. I'm trying to learn to wait.

God is taking care of me.

He loves me.

I can wait.

No comments: