Monday, October 25, 2010

Shall we air some more complaints?

No ... No we shall not.

I feel like I've been doing quite a bit of complaining lately. It's not really intentional. I apologize.

To balance it out, I'd like to tell a couple of stories.

In three days comes the third anniversary of the death of a beautiful woman in my church. She was in her mid twenties, and she killed herself. It simply was not fair that she died. I was not that close with her, but I was very close with some people who were close with her. Besides that, I did know her. And she belonged to my church. She was my sister. On the first anniversary of her death, I had a very bad day. I wanted to yell and scream but could not find the appropriate venue to do so. Instead, I tore myself up inside, very quietly.

That night, I was hanging out with three very dear friends. I told them about what was going on and asked them to be praying for me. The four of us went on a walk and had a lovely time hanging out at a playground at about four in the morning. There was a point where I couldn't handle laughing anymore, so I separated myself from the others and climbed onto the top of the monkey bars to look at the sky and weep. My friends took notice quickly and asked to pray with me.

It still hurts, thinking about what happened. But I am so unbelievably thankful that God gave me those three friends to comfort me and pray with me that night.

And now, during another difficult time, I've been somewhat reclusive. My roommates have, apparently, noticed. I came back to the apartment to find flowers with a note voicing their support and love in my difficult time.

Lord, you have been so faithful to me in the people you have placed around me. It sucks to say goodbye, but I know that you are with me and I know that you will always put people around me to support me. I know this because you have done so. Thank you.

No comments: