Sunday, February 13, 2011

What we make of it

I have had a kind of defeatist attitude of late about many things.

I am not going to enjoy this semester.
I won't ever get married and I will be lonely my entire life.
No one is going to care about my birthday.
I'll never be able to pay my parents back.
I won't get a job when I graduate.
I will never see this person or that person again.

I'm not usually a pessimist, so this is somewhat alarming. I need to find something new and exciting to become involved in. I need to regain my passion for life and all of the things that I know I will accomplish.

I am going to set a goal for tomorrow that seems very difficult to attain, and I am going to meet it. I am starting a list of goals I want to complete by the end of the semester. I am sick of feeling like this is all pointless.

It's not. There's a point.

No comments: